FONDO FREDERICKSBURG FLEX
October 2020 | Dixon Park
Fondo COVID-19 Update
Last updated: Friday, September 4, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced special events everywhere to drastically alter their plans for the year. The impact on our Fondo events is no different. Rather than outright cancel or postpone the event to a later date, we’ve chosen to push forward in 2020 with a new concept which implements the following modifications:
- Registered cyclists can travel to Fredericksburg any time during the entire month of October and complete the ride on their own or in small groups. Riders can complete the route any day of the week or weekend – it’s designed to be flexible.
- Routes will not be visibly marked so each rider should print their course map beforehand. Cyclists can choose which of the three route options suits them the best. Since this is an unsupported ride (i.e. no rest stops), be sure to carry your map, drinks and nutrition.
- Immediately following your ride, enjoy a recovery meal + beverage at Spencer Devon Brewery using a $20 gift card you’ll receive to redeem there.
- Beginning the first week of October, we’ll ship out your t-shirt, finisher medal and sling bag.
- Online registration remains open through the end of October so encourage your family and friends to register right away. Finisher medals and t-shirts are guaranteed for the first 250 cyclists to register for each event.
Enjoy your ride and bring a friend!
Historic Fredericksburg is situated midway between Washington D.C. and Richmond along the I-95 corridor. The event starts and finishes in Dixon Park on the banks of the Rappahannock River and features gently rolling hills throughout Stafford and Spotsylvania counties and past Fredericksburg & Spotsylvania National Military Park, marking the spot of four bloody Civil War battles. Fredericksburg has a growing reputation among east coast cyclists due to its scenic rural roads and historic downtown with its brick sidewalks, one-of-a-kind restaurants, art galleries and numerous restored 18th- and 19th-century buildings.
Now in its third year, Fondo Fredericksburg attracts both recreational and competitive cyclists who choose from one of three distances: 30 miles, 50 miles or 75 miles. The two-day event is comprised of a retail expo, athlete check-in and late registration on Saturday followed by the rides on Sunday. Each event culminates with a food truck & craft beer festival and live music.