FONDO CLERMONT FLEX
October 2020 | Victory Pointe (downtown Clermont)
Fondo COVID-19 Update
Last updated: Friday, September 4, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced special events everywhere to drastically alter their plans for the year. The impact on our Fondo events is no different. Rather than outright cancel or postpone the event to a later date, we’ve chosen to push forward in 2020 with a new concept which implements the following modifications:
- Registered cyclists can travel to Clermont any time during the entire month of October and complete the ride on their own or in small groups. Riders can complete the route any day of the week or weekend – it’s designed to be flexible.
- Routes will not be visibly marked so each rider should print their course map beforehand. Cyclists can choose which of the three route options suits them the best. Since this is an unsupported ride (i.e. no rest stops), be sure to carry your map, drinks and nutrition.
- Immediately following your ride, enjoy a recovery meal + beverage at Clermont Brewing Company using a $20 gift card you’ll receive to redeem there.
- Beginning the first week of October, we’ll ship out your t-shirt, finisher medal and sling bag.
- Online registration remains open through the end of October so encourage your family and friends to register right away. Finisher medals and t-shirts are guaranteed for the first 250 cyclists to register for each event.
Enjoy your ride and bring a friend!
Now in its third year, Fondo Clermont attracts both recreational and competitive cyclists who choose from one of three distances: 30 miles, 50 miles or 75 miles. The two-day event is comprised of a retail expo, athlete check-in and late registration on Saturday followed by the rides on Sunday. Each event culminates with a food truck & craft beer festival and live music. All event activities take place at Victory Pointe along the shores of Lake Minneloa.
Clermont and surrounding Lake County is just a 25-minute drive from Orlando and home to fantastic cycling, gently rolling hills and over 1,000 pristine lakes and rivers. The “Choice of Champions” is the epicenter of the Florida cycling scene and nearby Sugarloaf Mountain, the highest point on the geographic Florida Peninsula at 312 feet, is on every cyclist’s bucket list.
While in Clermont, spend an afternoon at Lakeridge Winery (Florida’s largest premium winery), visit one of Lake County’s many historic downtowns or enjoy the many theme parks and attractions in Orlando.