Fondo COVID-19 Update
Last updated: Friday, September 4, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced special events everywhere to drastically alter their plans for the year. The impact on our Fondo events is no different. Rather than outright cancel or postpone the event to a later date, we’ve chosen to push forward in 2020 with a new concept which implements the following modifications:
- Registered cyclists can travel to Clermont and Fredericksburg any time during the entire month of October and complete the ride on their own or in small groups. Riders can complete the route any day of the week or weekend – it’s designed to be flexible.
- Routes will not be visibly marked so each rider should print their course map beforehand. Cyclists can choose which of the three route options suits them the best. Since this is an unsupported ride (i.e. no rest stops), be sure to carry your map, drinks and nutrition.
- Immediately following your ride, enjoy a recovery meal + beverage at Clermont Brewing Company (Clermont) or Spencer Devon Brewery (Fredericksburg) using a $20 gift card you’ll receive to redeem there.
- Beginning the first week of October, we’ll ship out your t-shirt, finisher medal and sling bag.
- Online registration remains open through the end of October so encourage your family and friends to register right away. Finisher medals and t-shirts are guaranteed for the first 250 cyclists to register for each event.
Enjoy your ride and bring a friend!
Here’s How It Works
Select your destination!
Pick A Distance
Choose one of three challenging distances: 30, 50 or 75 miles.
Start the registration process here!
Join Our Community
Connect with other cyclists thru our engaging social media platforms.
Craft Beer & Food Truck Festival
Enjoy the region’s best food & beverages at the finish.
FONDO CLERMONT AND FONDO FREDERICKSBURG
Clermont FL and Fredericksburg VA will again host popular Fondo cycling events in 2020, attracting both recreational and competitive cyclists who choose from one of three distances: 30 miles, 50 miles or 75 miles. It’s all about personal achievement! The two-day event is comprised of a retail expo, athlete check-in and late registration on Saturday followed by the rides on Sunday. Each event culminates with a food truck & craft beer festival and live music.